Façade Fix Systems
If stumbled upon this page then you probably found it by searching ‘fix system’ on a search engine. There are many forms of façade affixing systems for attaching our cladding panels to a structure. Each has its advantages and the options should be carefully considered for your build.
In each case a significant feature of these façade fix systems is the cavity left behind each panel, which acts at once as ventilation, a barrier against moisture build-up, and an improvement on the insulation of your building.
The most straightforward option in affixing your cladding is to attach it to a sub-frame. Being behind the panel, this sub-frame can be built for practical and efficient use while the exterior face of the panel can provide the aesthetic. In Face Fix the panels are fixed to the sub-frame through screws or rivets, which can be coloured to fit right into your panel choice. Your sub-frame can be made of different material:
• Timber is the more cost-effective choice. Traditional screws can attach your panel to a tanalised timber frame (tanalised meaning wood with enhanced preservative qualities). The screw fixings are held in partition with the wood by an appropriate gasket in order to protect the timber’s integrity.
• An aluminium frame can be used instead of timber where the need arises. This is lighter, lower maintenance, and can be made more adjustable as needs change over time. The panels can be riveted to this frame, meaning a more stable connection that is less likely to see movement over time.
Each of these frame options can accommodate cavities of 50mm to 420mm, providing a large degree of available variety in your usage.
Also known as “Invisible Fix,” secret fix is a system for installing cladding to a sub-frame with no visual attachments on the front-facing panel. These designs are usually considered when aesthetic is paramount, perhaps for the front face of a headquarters or a conference space.
• The most straightforward method of secret fixing is using adhesive lines to directly attach a panel to the timber or aluminium frame underneath. This is highly cost-effective and creates a continuous appearance in your panels but can only be used in areas that see temperatures between 5°C and 35°C, or humidity levels below 75%.
• A high-quality mechanical secret fix can be obtained using rails with special hanger attachments to essentially hang the panels from the frame, much like hanging a painting or a sliding door, but using carefully manufactured fixtures that hold your cladding in place with precision. Hanger systems vary depending on the panels used, but generally follow this concept.
• Tongue and groove cladding systems see two panels directly fit to one another through connecting a notched section on the edge of one panel to an equally indented section on another. This system allows for a seamless front face for your panels without the need for hangers and rails.
Example Fix Systems
There are many examples of fixing systems to be discovered, and there are a lot of similarities to be found. The differences tend to be in the type of fix each system attempts to provide, and the particular number, type, size or width of panels it is associated with.
There are some fixing systems that only work with very specific panel types, while others are more general in their use.
• The Trespa NV5 (TS300) is a rail system focused on providing horizontal lined grids of panelling with continuous vertical joints. The panel edges are designed to then obscure the railing they are fixed to once attached through a version of tongue and groove.
• The Trespa NV4 (TS200) system is similar to the above but adds an additional adhesive rail attachment to the back facing of your panels, allowing them to easily hang from the railing behind. This makes them highly adjustable and fully concealed.
• The Marley ATK103 is a similar system to the NV4, with hangers that directly attach to your panels and are then affixed to horizontal rails.
Each fixing system uses multiple additional pieces, such as screw fixings and railings. All of these pieces can be provided as part of your service.
About Us and our Fix Sytem Solutions
C and L External is a UK distributor and installer of High Pressure Laminate Cladding and its accessory features, including sub-frames, fixings, hangers and insulation. We provide such items and materials through multiple partner manufacturers including Rockwool, Marley Eternit and Trespa. We provide a range of choices with great variance so that our customers can make the right decision based on their preference in quality and budget.
The team at C and L External will be with you at every step in your project, from consultation, to delivery, to install. This means consistent access to well-trained customer service both on and off site. The interior nature of your panel attachment system means that most or all of your fixings are obscured once the panels are fully installed.
You can rely on the team at C and L External to do a great job the first time, so that you can move on with your project safe in the knowledge that this piece is completed and won’t need to be worried about again
C and L External can also provide insulating material that fits within sub-frames for panels, further improving the resilience of your exterior. Having every material and fixing provided by the same company brings greater efficiency and removes worry for customers over considerations like whether parts will connect properly, or if something could have been missed.
All our material, including the fixings, are certified according to their resistance to fire, temperature change, acoustics and moisture. As a result, we provide no weaknesses in the design that may be a risk at later stages.
C and L External is always looking for the newest, most innovative methods in its industry. As new ideas for affixing panels to structures continue to evolve, we will be there to bring our keen understanding and experience to bear.
Your Local Fix System Providers
C and L External is a leading UK distributor of HPL Cladding, providing panels from multiple highly regarded manufacturers including Trespa, Parklex, Rockwool, Marley Eternit, EQUITONE and Prodema.
High Quality, Low Pricing Fix System
C and L External is dedicated to providing high value for customers. To achieve this, we work in close contact with you to provide the finest quality cladding at the lowest possible price. Each order is carefully planned and executed, with a focus on cost-effectiveness and efficiency.
In each project we look to provide exact materials with minimal wastage, to achieve our goals of a high-quality customer-experience and a sustainable project that fits our standards.
Quick and Quality Response regarding your Fix System enquries
C and L External puts great effort into creating a top-tier fix system experience for every customer. That means timely service provided by experts that can answer any question reliably. Our materials are excellent, and our delivery is painstaking and perfected.
Contact us with any queries or requests regarding fix systems.